Friday, June 5, 2015

Trilane Retinol + Vitamin C Review

 
So Trilane sent me their serum to review. It’s a super light serum, clean-feeling that claims to:
  • Smoothes and evens out skin texture
  • Speeds turnover of new skin cells and diminishes brown spots and unclogs pores
  • Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and protects your skin from environmental damage
  • Developed by Dr. Susan Lark, leading medical expert on addressing women’s health issues through natural hormone balance
  • Distributed by Healthy Directions, known for its stringent quality control measures and Triple Testing Methodology which have led to a spotless safety record for more than 20 years
Give it a try!
Packaging: 10/10. It comes in a class bottle, that’s clear. I would shelf this in a dark area as vitamin c and retinol have low shelf lives when exposed to light.
Smell: 9.5/10 It’s scentless, which is great for those sensitive to smells
Texture: 8/10 It’s not sticky, and it goes on fine. It’s not so much as a “wow” effect after application though- no cooling, tingling, or indication that its working. That’s expected though, because natural serums aren’t supposed to work super fast like chemical-based ones.

As you can see squalane is the first ingredient listed, I never heard of squalane before so I decided to do some research.  A friend of mine suggested that if it hasn't made it into my beauty routine by now, it really should.  Although squalane is produced naturally by the body, the production of this chemical slows drastically after age thirty, thus contributing to dry skin. This is a powerful retinol, and the fact that it's hydrating is a big plus. Especially for the days when my skin needs a small break from retinols – the cucumber and licorice extracts work together to help soothe and calm the skin. I must say I really liked that this product’s texture was silky and not greasy and that a few drops were all that I needed. A little goes a long way with this product so it's really worth the price.  I would even suggest to use this as a primer, due to its silky smoothing texture. My skin felt fresher and softer when I woke up in the morning and it is the lightest product ever on your skin.


Find it on Amazon here

Save 20% with the code SAVERETC

Disclaimer This post was backed by brandbacker

No comments:

Post a Comment