Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Ultimate Skin Repair & Hydration Combo | Valentia True Glow Eye Cream & Ultra Plumping Hydration Mask


I really enjoyed the vitamin C serum, and was interested in trying more products from this brand. As a brand, I've been impressed with Valentia because they use mostly natural ingredients, 98% natural ingredients for both of these products, and they are cruelty free! I've been fairly conscious of ingredients in my products for a while now, and I am becoming more are more aware of cruelty free products.



First up is the Valentia True Glow Eye Cream.



Claims:
  • Reduces wrinkles
  • Nourishes and hydrates
  • Tightens
  • Brightens dark circles
  • Restores radiance
  • Key ingredients: astanxanthin, resistem, vitamin C, rosehip oil, arnica
This is an eye cream that can be used morning and night. It comes in an amber glass bottle with a pump. One pump is enough to apply around both eyes. It has a slight citrus smell, but it's not strong at all. The first thing I noticed about this eye cream is that it absorbs and dries quickly. Makeup applies over it without any disruption. It feels like it tightens a little bit as it dries but not in a way that's uncomfortable. Right before I started using this, I had an irritated patch of skin right under one of my eyebrows. It wasn't painful, but it was red and flaky. I discovered that my eyelid was becoming irritated from an exfoliating face wash that had been regularly making it's way onto my eyelid in the shower. I began using this eye cream around that time, and I am pleased to say that it did not sting or cause any extra irritation to an already irritated area. 


Claims:

Boosts collagen production
Increases skin radiance
Reduces fine lines
Secures skin moisture


Key ingredients: green tea, aloe vera, rosehip seed oil, silk protein amino acids, botanical hyaluronic acid, sea buckthorn oil


Hydrating masks are still a bit new to me. Most of the masks that I have used have been clay masks or some kind of clarifying mask to reduce oil and breakouts. This mask is not that kind of mask. When I first opened the jar, the mask looked like yellow goo. This gel mask has a bit of a scent to it, and from looking at the ingredients, I think it's supposed to be acai berry. Even though the mask is yellow, it applies clear. You can leave it on from 15 to 30 minutes before washing it off. There is a bit of a tingling sensation, but it's not anything like a chemical exfoliant. I notice it a little bit at first, and then it goes away. When I wash it off, I notice that my skin looks more plumped and moisturized. I really like using this in the morning if I have time, so my skin will look more hydrated throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment